Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Land of Ice, Ice Baby!


   As most of you know, I've recently embarked on a one-of-a-kind excursion. God answered my prayers and provided me an opportunity to play soccer professionally; it's truly a dream come true. He's placed me on the small island in the Atlantic Ocean known as Iceland for my rookie season. After being here a few days, I can personally confirm that there is not as much ice as the name suggests! 

         Other than customs barely allowing my entrance into the country, I have had a wonderful time since the moment I arrived Wednesday morning, April 4. The first day was spent catching up on some sleep, touring downtown Reykjavik with my head coach and his family, and watching the soccer team I've come to play with take on their first preseason opponent. Good Friday was spent remembering the ultimate sacrifice of Jesus in a very unique and powerful way. That day I visited some of the most popular tourist sites in Iceland and the magnificent work of God's hands took my breath away. It was then that I knew sharing my sights, travels, and Icelandic experiences were no longer just a possibility, but a must! So, here's the start to a blog about my adventures chasing my dreams around the globe. I hope you enjoy joining me in "Seeing the World, One Field at a Time!" The first stop - "The Land of Ice, Ice Baby."


The first picture of me in Iceland!

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog:)I´m honored in being the first person to leave a comment. According to the headline of your first entry you are a Vanilla Ice fan...right? I´m sure you know that this is amusing to me :) A few jokes come to mind, but I´m saving them for later. Keep up the good job. Regards, Torfi

    ReplyDelete